Monday, September 8, 2008

DJ ALEJAN.

When I was 16, my brothers and I experienced one of the greatest Hip Hop events that Dallas had ever seen, Elements 98. The event was a true Hip Hop events in that it involved all of the elements. This event for ever changed our lives. We were exposed to some amazing graffiti artist and DJs. One of those djs was Dj Alejan who was at this event in 1998. He sold us his mixtape and little did I know that it would have such a powerful impact on me. I listened to that cassette tape non-stop day and night. Eventually I lost this mixtape and I have been longing for it for the last couple of years. This weekend my little brother surprised me with a copy of the mixtape in its entirety. The joy and excitement that this mixtape has brought me is even greater than it was 10 years ago. I feel very inspired and creative. Music is what fuels me create art.