Monday, April 21, 2008

Ken Little Studio Visit

This past week, a group of grad students and I went over to Ken Little's studio in downtown San Antonio. Ken is our sculpture professor, head of the graduate program at U.T.San Antonio and also an internationally known artist. Ken Little's work is very appealing to me because it has a playful side to it and his hard work and dedication allows his pieces to work well. Some of his pieces remind me of cartoons and characters that a lot of street artist are doing today. Being a graffiti artist, I was naturally attracted to his figures and I am sure that a lot of the young street artist would feel the same. Ken's sculpture studio is huge and very well equipped, allowing him to work freely with wax, plaster, wood, clay, found objects and even metals. Check out more of Ken Little's work at www.kenlittle.com