Tuesday, April 8, 2008

UTSA 24th Annual Student Art Show

The UTSA 24th Annual Student Art Show has held last week and I was honored to receive 1st place in the graduate student category. I have to say that it was a pretty large show and so there was a greater amount of competition than the year before. I was able to get 2 out of the3 paintings that I entered into this juried exhibition so that was pretty exciting. I am always honored to have people look at my work and interpret it in their own way. People in attendance were stopping to look at my paintings and actually getting close to them and studying the things that were going on inside them. The average person looks at a work of art for like 5 to 10 seconds before they move on, but I saw people look at my work for a lot longer then that. The show was nice overall and I plan on entering next year with some better paintings.



"Best Freinds" 1st place winner.